Monday, October 11, 2010

One step at a time.

Kierstyn just will not stay in her bed and sleep anymore.  The first month was great, she stayed in her bed, and went to sleep.  Now we are entering her "I'm not going to stay in bed, and get up and knock on my door while screaming DOOR" phase.  In fact, I am sitting her writing this as she is at her door (probably laying in front of it, kicking the door) while she stays in there for a bit before I go in there for the 10th time and put her back in bed.

I have read some books about kids and sleeping, and some of the say to leave them on the floor.  It won't hurt them.  I know it won't hurt them, but she picks in front of the door, and I have to push the door open to get inside and I don't want to hurt her. And I DO NOT want to sit in there with her until she falls asleep.  Tried that, and she just stays up and talks to me, and tries to get me to read her books!

We would have been all good, but other people in this house DO NOT know how to be quiet, and wake her up all the time, which drives me INSANE! They will soon know how I am if I don't get that time to myself when Kierstyn takes a nap.  They might want to stay away from me LOL! (enter evil laugh here!)

Well, enough of my venting for one day. Off to see if K will stay in bed once again!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I gave you an award on my blog. Come over and pick it up when you have the chance!

    http://lettersarrangedintowords.blogspot.com/2010/10/look-whooos-blogging-award.html

    ReplyDelete